Meeting Rooms in Berlin
Planning to host a meeting in Berlin? Look no further! Our comprehensive guide provides you with all the essential information and tips you need to ensure a successful and memorable event in the vibrant German capital. From selecting the ideal venue to navigating cultural norms and arranging local transportation, we've got you covered....Discover city guide
A Guide to Hosting a Meeting in Berlin
Planning to host a meeting in Berlin? Look no further! Our comprehensive guide provides you with all the essential information and tips you need to ensure a successful and memorable event in the vibrant German capital.
From selecting the ideal venue to navigating cultural norms and arranging local transportation, we've got you covered. Whether you're a seasoned event planner or a first-time organiser, this article will help you navigate the intricacies of hosting a meeting in Berlin with ease and confidence.
So get ready to impress your attendees and make your gathering an unforgettable experience in this dynamic and cosmopolitan city!
Choosing the Right Meeting Room in Berlin for You
When it comes to the architectural style of meeting rooms in Berlin, you can find a diverse range of options influenced by different periods and design movements. Here are a few notable styles:
- Bauhaus: Berlin is associated with the influential Bauhaus movement, which emerged in the early 20th century. Bauhaus architecture is characterised by its clean lines, geometric forms, and functional design principles. These meeting venues in Berlin may feature Bauhaus-inspired elements, showcasing a minimalist aesthetic and a focus on practicality.
- Modernist: The city boasts several modernist buildings, particularly from the post-war period. Modernist meeting rooms embrace simplicity, open spaces, and natural light. These meeting rooms for hire in Berlin often have large windows, sleek materials, and minimalist interiors, creating a bright and airy atmosphere conducive to productive meetings.
- Contemporary: Berlin's vibrant and evolving character is reflected in contemporary architectural styles. Contemporary meeting rooms feature a blend of modern design elements, innovative materials, and experimental forms. These spaces may incorporate sustainable features, avant-garde aesthetics, and cutting-edge technology, showcasing the city's dynamic and progressive spirit.
- Industrial: Berlin's history as an industrial hub has left its mark on meeting room design. Some venues repurpose former industrial buildings, such as warehouses or factories, into unique meeting spaces. These industrial-style rooms often retain elements like exposed brick walls, high ceilings, metal accents, and open layouts, creating a raw and edgy ambience.
- Historic: Berlin is rich in historical landmarks and preserved architectural gems. Some meeting rooms are situated within historic buildings, reflecting the city's past. These rooms may showcase period-specific styles, such as neoclassical, Gothic revival, or art deco, incorporating ornate details, intricate mouldings, and unique architectural features.
N.B. To see some examples of these meeting spaces for hire, how about checking out these unconventional venues in Berlin?
The Best Areas for Hosting a Meeting in Berlin
There are lots of cool areas in Berlin. However, the best for hosting a meeting are Mitte, Kreuzberg, and Friedrichshain.
Mitte: Mitte in Berlin is an ideal location for meetings due to its central position and excellent transportation links. It offers a wide range of conference venues and hotels, providing professional settings for productive meetings.
Participants can also enjoy the district's vibrant atmosphere, cultural attractions, and networking opportunities. With its central location, diverse venue options, and dynamic business environment, Mitte is a prime choice for hosting successful meetings in Berlin.
Kreuzberg: Kreuzberg is an excellent location for meeting spaces in Berlin. It offers a vibrant and unique atmosphere, making meetings more engaging and inspiring. The district is well-connected to public transportation, ensuring easy accessibility for participants.
Kreuzberg also hosts a variety of meeting venues, including modern conference spaces and creative event locations. Additionally, the district's diverse culinary scene and cultural attractions provide ample opportunities for networking and post-meeting activities.
Friedrichshain: Friedrichshain is a prime location for meetings in Berlin. With its lively and energetic atmosphere, the district adds a vibrant touch to any meeting. It is conveniently connected to public transportation, allowing easy access for attendees.
Friedrichshain offers a range of meeting venues, from contemporary conference spaces to unique and inspiring locations. Moreover, the district is known for its thriving arts and music scene, providing ample opportunities for networking and post-meeting entertainment.
- Further reading: Our guide to cool areas in Berlin for hosting an event.
How to Get to Your Meeting in Berlin
Berlin boasts a diverse and efficient public transportation system, including the U-Bahn (subway), S-Bahn (urban railway), trams, buses, and regional trains. The U-Bahn and S-Bahn provide fast and reliable travel within the city and its surroundings, while trams offer convenient above-ground transportation. Buses cover routes not served by other modes of transport, ensuring accessibility to various destinations.
Additionally, Berlin's regional and intercity trains connect the city to domestic and international locations. The city also promotes sustainable options with bike-sharing and car-sharing services available. Overall, Berlin's public transportation network ensures easy and efficient travel throughout the city and beyond.
- Train: RE2
- Subway: U6
- Bus: 120, 245
- Train: RB10, RE3, RE4
- Subway: U7
- Bus: 248, M19, M41
- Train: FEX
- S-Bahn: S5
- Subway: U3, U5
- Light Rail: M10
- Bus: 240, 300, 347, M10
The Best Catering for Your Meeting Space in Berlin
A meeting space for hire just feels hollow without some delicious catering. To that end, several excellent event caterers in Berlin can provide high-quality catering services for meetings. Here are a few renowned options:
- Kofler & Kompanie: Known for their innovative and creative approach to catering, Kofler & Kompanie offers a range of culinary options tailored to different types of events, including meetings. They focus on using fresh, seasonal ingredients to create delicious and visually appealing menus.
- Kochkunst: Kochkunst is a well-established catering company in Berlin known for its culinary expertise and attention to detail. They offer a diverse range of menus, from traditional German cuisine to international flavours, and can accommodate specific dietary requirements.
- Nante Catering: Nante Catering is a reputable catering company that specialises in providing high-quality and customised catering solutions for meetings and events. They focus on creating dishes with fresh, locally sourced ingredients and offer a variety of menu options to suit different tastes and preferences.
- Spice & Soul: Spice & Soul is a unique catering company in Berlin that specializes in fusion cuisine, combining flavours from different cultures to create exciting and memorable dining experiences. They offer customisable menus and can create tailored dishes to suit specific themes or dietary needs.
- Pfau Catering: Pfau Catering is known for its exceptional service and attention to detail. They offer a wide range of catering options, from canapés and finger foods to multi-course meals, all prepared with high-quality ingredients and presented with elegance.
Afterwork Ideas for Your Meeting in Berlin
Now then. When the time comes to leave your meeting room in Berlin behind, where do you go from there?
Might we suggest one of these trendy after-work venues in Berlin? Hard work deserved its reward, right?
And after that, you’ll need a place to rest your head. So why don’t you treat yourself to a stay in one of these great hotels in Berlin?
Top Tips for Your Meeting Breaks in Berlin
If you don’t want things in your meeting space in Berlin to get stale, you’ll need some exciting break-time activities. So here are some unique ideas for your breakout sessions during meetings in Berlin:
- Street Art Tour: Berlin is renowned for its vibrant street art scene. Organise a guided tour of street art hotspots like the East Side Gallery or the neighbourhoods of Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain. Participants can explore the city's urban art, engage in discussions about the messages behind the artwork, and even participate in a graffiti workshop to unleash their creativity.
- Tech Innovation Hub Visit: Berlin is a hub for technology and innovation. Arrange a visit to one of the city's tech companies, start-up incubators, or innovation centres. Participants can engage in discussions with industry experts, learn about cutting-edge technologies, and gain insights into Berlin's innovative ecosystem. This can provide inspiration and fresh perspectives for your team.
- Historical Walking Tour: Berlin is steeped in history, with numerous iconic landmarks and historical sites. Plan a guided walking tour that takes participants through significant historical locations like Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, or the Berlin Wall Memorial. Along the way, a knowledgeable guide can share stories and insights about the city's past, providing a unique learning experience.
- Escape Room Challenge: Berlin offers a variety of immersive escape room experiences. Divide participants into teams and challenge them to solve puzzles, uncover clues, and work together to escape within a given time limit. This activity promotes teamwork, and problem-solving, and boosts team dynamics in an exciting and interactive setting.
- Culinary Workshop: Berlin is a melting pot of diverse cuisines. Arrange a culinary workshop where participants can learn to prepare traditional German dishes like currywurst or pretzels or explore international flavours with a cooking class focused on Thai, Indian, or Middle Eastern cuisine. Participants can bond over food preparation and enjoy a delicious meal together.
- Park or Garden Retreat: Take advantage of Berlin's numerous parks and green spaces by organising a retreat-style breakout session outdoors. Find a tranquil park or garden setting where participants can relax, engage in brainstorming sessions, or participate in team-building activities amidst nature. This allows for a refreshing change of scenery and encourages a more relaxed and creative atmosphere.
Close the city guide
So, you’ve reached the end of the line. We hope you’ve enjoyed our guide to hosting a meeting in Berlin. And remember, you can book your entire event in one place with Eventflare!
Vivid Space With a Refreshing Atmosphere
Are you in need of a bright space for your next meeting? This vivid space located in the heart...
Bright Space With Unique Setup
Do you have a professional gathering coming up soon? This bright space located a short drive...
Gleaming Venue With Sleek Furnishings
Planning to host your next formal meeting out of the office? Check out this gleaming venue...
Versatile Daylight Photo Studio and Event Location
This amazing space in Berlin is a daylight rental studio and event location on two 310 sqm...
Urban event space with private club and rooftop
Right in Berlin Mitte, this urban event space with private club and rooftop is the place you...
Luminous white space for big events
This luminous white space is the perfect location for big events. This venue can host any kind...
Multipurpose hexagon-shaped venue for corporate events
Looking for a versatile and unique space for your next meeting? This multipurpose hexagon-shaped...
Wonderful meeting space
This wonderful meeting space is an ideal place to organize conferences and meetings. The modern...
This splendid Berlin rooftop is perfect to organize original business events. The inner room is...
Colorful workshop space
This colorful workshop space in Berlin is an ideal venue to organize your next intimate business...
Flexible event space
Are you looking for an amazing venue for your next event in Berlin? This flexible event space...
Glaring Space With Floor-to-Ceiling Glass Walls
Hire this glaring space located in close proximity to Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin for your next...
Ask a Berlin venue expert
Ask a Berlin venue expertAsk expert
Spacious and Refined Event Space With Mesmerizing Views
Want to see your guests spellbound? Host your upcoming event in this spacious and refined event...
Designer Loft With Imcompable Panoramic Views
Plan your next event at this designer loft located a short drive away from Charlottenburg...
Vibrant Meeting Room With Charismatic Vibes
Searching for a venue in Berlin to host your next business meeting? Take a look at this vibrant...
Tiny Meeting Room With Abundant Sunshine
Bring your team to this tiny meeting room located in the vibrant neighbourhood of Neukölln in...
Elegant Space With a Sleek Finish
Check out this elegant space located in the vibrant neighbourhood of Neukölln in Berlin for...
Contemporary Space for Formal Encounters
Bring your team to this contemporary space located a short drive away from DDR Museum in Berlin...
Minimalistic Venue With Abundant Sunshine
Searching for space with nominal decor for your next event? This minimalistic venue located a...
Cozy Space With White Accents
Looking for a warm and welcoming venue for your next business encounter? Check out this cosy...
Enchanting Venue With an Impressive Setup
Would you like to experience Parisian charm in Berlin? If yes, check out this enchanting venue...
Bright and Versatile Venue With a Minimal Design
Searching for a multipurpose venue with an amazing location? You have arrived at the right spot....
Well-designed meeting rooms close to Potsdamer Platz
Located close to Potsdamer Platz, you will discover industrial lit meeting space. The ideal...
Exclusive event venue with skyline view
This exclusive event venue treats you to a view of the Berlin skyline and is thus a great pick...
FAQ for Venues in Berlin
How Much Does a Meeting Space in Berlin Cost?
A meeting room in Berlin can cost between €30 - €70 per hour. This price may not include extras such as technical equipment, catering and an onsite manager. Expect to pay a premium on top of the meeting room hire for additional requests.
What Are The Cancellation Policies for Meeting Rooms in Berlin?
This depends on the meeting venue's internal policies. Generally speaking, the earlier you cancel, the more money you can expect to get back. However, it's quite common that last-minute bookings (less than 48h before) are non-refundable.
What are the Best Areas for Meetings in Berlin?
There are plenty of great areas in Berlin such as Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg and Neukölln. First, determine what is essential for the success of your meeting. Examples could be accessibility, surrounding attractions, the location of your accommodation, and your event's vibe. You can discover an overview in guide to event areas in Berlin.
What Equipment Do Meeting What Equipment Do Meeting Spaces in Paris Have? in Berlin Have?
Meeting Spaces typically provide strong WiFi, seating arrangements, a projector or screen (for larger meeting rooms), a whiteboard, and basic office supplies such as pens, paper and whiteboard markers. Coffee, tea and small snacks are also usually provided (check listing specifications for more details on this). Align with your location expert for additional special equipment like microphones, translation booths, etc. They can give you suggestions for reputable suppliers in the area. In general, it's safer to request any essential supplies or equipment in advance.
Can I find professional event planning services in Berlin?
Yes, Berlin has a thriving event industry, and you can find professional event planning services to assist with organising your meeting. These services can help with venue selection, logistics, audiovisual setup, catering arrangements, and overall event management, ensuring a smooth and successful meeting.
Can I incorporate sustainable practices into my meeting venue in Berlin?
Absolutely! Berlin is known for its commitment to sustainability. You can opt for eco-friendly meeting venues that offer recycling facilities, energy-efficient lighting, and locally sourced catering. Encouraging attendees to use public transportation or providing bike-sharing options promotes sustainable transportation. Additionally, Berlin has several green spaces where you can organise outdoor meetings or activities.
Are there opportunities for networking or collaboration in Berlin?
Berlin has a dynamic business and startup ecosystem, providing ample opportunities for networking and collaboration. Attendees can connect with local professionals, attend industry events or conferences, or explore coworking spaces that foster a collaborative environment. The city's diverse cultural scene also offers informal settings for networking and building connections.
What are some considerations for international attendees coming to Berlin?
For international attendees, it's important to check visa requirements and ensure sufficient time for travel arrangements. Berlin has two international airports, Tegel and Schönefeld, providing convenient connections. It's advisable to offer assistance with accommodation options, provide information about local customs and etiquette, and consider language interpretation services if needed.
Are there opportunities for team-building activities in Berlin?
Berlin offers various team-building activities for meeting attendees. These can include guided tours exploring the city's history and landmarks, interactive workshops, outdoor adventure activities, or cultural experiences like cooking classes or art sessions. Tailoring team-building activities to Berlin's unique offerings can enhance engagement and foster stronger connections among participants.
What is the best time of year to host a meeting in Berlin?
Berlin experiences a temperate climate, and the best time to host a meeting depends on your preferences and the nature of your event. Spring and autumn generally offer pleasant weather with milder temperatures. Summer is popular for outdoor events, but it can be busier with tourists. Winter can be festive, with Christmas markets and a unique ambience, but it's important to consider potential cold weather and shorter daylight hours.
Can I incorporate local cultural elements into my meeting room for hire in Berlin?
Absolutely! Berlin's rich cultural heritage offers ample opportunities to incorporate local elements into your meeting. Consider integrating local artwork or performances, incorporating traditional German cuisine or snacks, or even organising a cultural excursion to historical sites or museums. Including these elements can enhance the overall experience and provide attendees with a deeper connection to the city and its culture.
Can I arrange simultaneous interpretation services for international attendees?
Yes, Berlin offers professional simultaneous interpretation services for international meetings. Several companies specialise in providing skilled interpreters and the necessary equipment to facilitate multilingual communication during your meeting. It's recommended to arrange interpretation services in advance to ensure availability and smooth communication for all participants.
Have a question? Get in touch and our team will be happy to help