Outdoor Venues in Malta
Hello, event planners, did you know that Malta has 300 days of sunshine every year? When the weather is perfect, it would be a pity to not take advantage of it and host an outdoor event in Malta.
This little island in the Mediterranean Sea has a lot going for it, and the weather is just one of them. English is widely spoken in Malta, the food is spectacular, and the country is very receptive to events on tech, crypto, and blockchain technologies.
It sounds like hosting an outdoor event in Malta is a great idea, doesn’t it? But wait, it gets better. We’re here to help you make your event a grand success.
Read on to know everything you need to know about outdoor events in Malta.
A Guide to Hosting an Outdoor Event in Malta
Ask a Malta venue expert
Ask a Malta venue expertAsk expert
FAQ about Malta venues and events
Here are some unique entertainment ideas to spice up your outdoor space in Malta.
- Fire dancers: Bring the heat to your event with mesmerising fire dancers. Their hypnotic performances against the backdrop of the Mediterranean night sky will leave your guests spellbound.
- Traditional Maltese folk music: Add a touch of local culture to your event by hiring a traditional Maltese folk band. The fantastic melodies of instruments like the guitar, accordion, and flute will add an authentic touch to your gathering.
- Maltese carnival: Create a mini Maltese carnival atmosphere with colourful costumes, traditional games, and a lively procession. It's a fun and interactive way to immerse your guests in the local culture.
- Stargazing: If your outdoor event extends beyond sunset, you’ll be pleased to know that Malta's clear night skies make it an ideal location for stargazing. Consider setting up telescopes or hiring an astronomer to give your guests a celestial experience they won't forget.
Travelling in Malta is as easy and breezy as the weather here. The only form of public transportation here is public buses which are well-connected and cheap.
But if you prefer a more private mode of transportation to your outdoor room in Malta, you can always book a taxi, rent a car, or if you’re feeling especially adventurous, you can even rent a scooter!
Absolutely! Hosting outdoor events in Malta is generally safe and enjoyable. The island boasts a low crime rate, a welcoming atmosphere, and a well-established tourism industry that prioritises safety and comfort.
Malta's Mediterranean climate provides a beautiful backdrop for outdoor gatherings, and the locals are known for their hospitality. However, like anywhere else, it's essential to take common-sense precautions, such as staying hydrated during the warmer months, providing proper seating and shade, and having a contingency plan for unexpected weather changes.
Yes, seasonality is an important factor to consider when planning outdoor events in Malta. The island's Mediterranean climate experiences distinct seasons, and each offers a unique atmosphere for your event:
- Spring (March-May): Spring in Malta is a beautiful time for outdoor events, with pleasant temperatures ranging from 15°C to 25°C. The landscape is lush and green, making it perfect for garden parties.
- Summer (June-August): The summer months are characterised by warm and hot weather, with temperatures averaging between 25°C to 35°C. It's ideal for beach parties, rooftop soirées, and alfresco dining.
- Autumn (September-November): This season brings milder temperatures of around 20°C to 30°C. The weather is still pleasant, making it suitable for outdoor events, but you should keep an eye on occasional rain.
- Winter (December-February): Winters are the coolest months in Malta, with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 20°C (50°F to 68°F). While it might be a bit chilly for some outdoor events, indoor and covered venues are readily available.
Incorporating some Maltese language elements into your outdoor event space can be a delightful and respectful way to embrace the local culture.
While English is widely spoken and understood in Malta, Maltese is the official language, and locals often appreciate it when visitors make an effort to use a few Maltese phrases or include Maltese signage and labels. It adds a friendly and inclusive touch to your event, showing that you respect and value the local culture.
Even simple greetings like "Bongu" (Good morning) or "Grazzi" (Thank you) can go a long way in creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
The budget for hosting an outdoor event in Malta can vary widely depending on several factors such as the size of your event, the location, the duration, and the level of customization and services you desire. However, here's a rough estimate to give you a starting point:
- Venue: This can be a significant expense, with costs varying based on the type and location of the venue. For a mid-sized event, you might budget anywhere from €1,000 to €5,000 or more.
- Catering: Budget approximately €50 to €150 per person for catering, depending on the menu and beverage options.
- Decor and setup: Allocate around €500 to €1,500 for decor and setup, depending on your design preferences.
- Entertainment: This can vary widely, but you might estimate around €500 to €2,000 or more for music and activities.
- Permits and licensing: Plan for around €200 to €500 for necessary permits and licenses.
- Weather contingency: Allocate €500 to €1,000 for a weather contingency plan, such as tent rental.
- Transportation and logistics: Budget €200 to €1,000 for transportation, parking, and logistical needs.
- Insurance: Set aside around €100 to €300 for event insurance.
Have a question? Get in touch and our team will be happy to help