Event venues in London
Hey there, event planners and partygoers! Are you ready to unlock the magic of event venues in one of the world's most captivating cities? Look no further than London, where history, culture, and architectural wonders intertwine to offer an array of stunning venues for any occasion.Whether you're organising a corporate conference, hosting a wedding to remember, or putting together a memorable celebration, London's got you covered. Join us on this thrilling journey as we explore the styles, capacities, and hidden gems of event venues in the heart of this magnificent city.Let's embark on this guide to event venues in London and discover the perfect space to create unforgettable moments!
A Guide to Event Venues in London
1) The Amazing Styles of Corporate Event Venues in London
London is a city that is synonymous with culture and style. And friends, the corporate event venues in London celebrate that in a big way. So, here for your pleasure, is a rundown of our favourite styles:
- Georgian Elegance: The Georgian era brought about a refined sense of style and order to London's architecture. You'll find some beautiful Georgian event venues, characterised by their symmetrical facades, sash windows, and elegant proportions, adding a touch of sophistication to any occasion.
- Victorian Grandeur: Ah, the Victorian era, known for its grandiose architecture and technological advancements. Picture hosting an event in a splendid Victorian building making your guests feel like they've stepped into a bygone world of luxury and refinement.
- To see all this glory in action, read our guide to the most iconic London venues for hire.
- Art Deco Delights: Fast forward to the early 20th century, and you'll encounter the glitzy Art Deco style. This glamorous and distinctive architectural trend found its way into London, leaving behind iconic venues infusing your event with a touch of vintage allure and jazz-age sophistication.
- Modern Marvels: Of course, London has its fair share of contemporary event venues as well! The city's skyline has transformed over the years, and you can find impressive modern buildings offering breathtaking views of the city. These venues are ideal for those seeking a more cutting-edge and futuristic ambience for their events.
- Edwardian Elegance: The Edwardian era, which followed the Victorian era, brought about a new sense of refinement and luxury to London's architecture. With a blend of traditional elements and a touch of Art Nouveau influence, Edwardian venues offer a sophisticated and graceful setting for corporate events, making them perfect choices for upscale gatherings.
- Modern Minimalism: London's contemporary architectural scene has embraced the minimalist approach, providing sleek and stylish event venues for corporate gatherings. Think clean lines, open spaces, and a focus on functionality, creating an atmosphere of contemporary professionalism for your corporate functions.
- Victorian Revival: If you want to blend the charm of the past with the conveniences of the present, look no further than venues with Victorian revival architecture. These spaces offer the elegance of the Victorian era with modern amenities, making them versatile choices for corporate events. Excellent examples of how this style can be both timeless and accommodating.
- Contemporary Chic: For those seeking cutting-edge venues with a touch of luxury, London's contemporary chic spaces won't disappoint. These venues often boast innovative design, state-of-the-art technology, and a dash of opulence, providing a sophisticated backdrop for product launches, conferences, and other corporate events.
- Industrial Charm: London's industrial past has left its mark on the city's architecture, and repurposed industrial spaces are now popular event venues. These venues retain their raw, edgy appeal while being transformed into stylish settings, offering a unique and unconventional backdrop for corporate events that crave an urban and trendy ambience.
2) The Many Functions of Popular Venues in London
Now then, you’ve heard all about the style of our event spaces in Amsterdam. And of course, first impressions matter. But substance shines through at the end of the day. And by that, we’re talking about the type of venues available.
It’s like buying a shoe in the wrong size just because it looks pretty. That being said, the main event types for corporate events in Amsterdam are thus:
- Meetings: Board meetings, creative meetings, kick-off meetings, sales meetings, client meetings, all-hands meetings, and all that jazz.
- Conference: Conventions, trade, shows, summits, panel discussions, heck, even unconferences.
- For a slick event idea, check out London's top venues for product launches.
- Workshop: Hackathons, coaching sessions, seminars, training sessions, focus groups, etc.
- Brainstorming: group discussion, fishbowl sessions, and group thinking sessions.
- Photoshoot: Product shoot, brand launch, commercial, fashion shoot, promotional photography.
- You can see the best photoshoot locations in London right here.
- Film shoot: See above and more, like creating evergreen content, music videos, and loads more still.
- After-work: cocktail party, happy hour, receptions, celebrations, and networking events.
- Private Dining: Business lunches, banquets, galas, pop-up experiences, and group dining.
- Outdoor: Terraces, rooftops, food festivals, garden parties, screenings, retreats, and more.
- Have a look at London's best rooftop venues for a taste of what’s possible.
3) The Capacity of Venues for Business Events in London
So, you’ve heard about the style and the functions of the popular event spaces in London. But size matters too, right? Well, here’s a brief overview of our key numbers:
- We have 131 spaces above 250 PAX
- Our biggest venue can hold a whopping 10,250 attendees
- We even have outdoor spaces with 1,500 PAX
- And on the opposite scale, our most private venues are built for 4 guests
And for a more general overview, here's a breakdown of the typical capacities for different types of venues in London:
- Small Meeting Rooms and Private Dining Spaces: 10 to 50 guests
- Medium-Sized Conference and Banquet Halls: 50 to 200 guests
- Large Ballrooms and Event Spaces: 200 to 500 guests
- Exhibition Halls and Large Venues: 500 to several thousand guests
- Stadiums and Arenas: Thousands of guests
4) The Cost of Corporate Event Venues in London
Now then, how much do the popular event spaces in London cost? Well, we have a price point for every budget, whether you’re looking for a bargain or you’re dreaming of luxury.
- Our venues in London start from £25/per hour
- And we have 436 more under £50
- For those looking for luxury, they can be as much as £3,125/per hour
The prices of spaces for business events in London swings on a lot of variables, such as these:
- Type of Venue: The type of venue you choose will significantly impact the cost. For instance, a grand ballroom in a luxury hotel or a historic mansion will generally be more expensive than a conference room in a standard hotel or a modern event space.
- Size of Venue: The capacity of the venue plays a role in determining the cost. Larger venues with a higher guest capacity tend to have higher rental fees.
- Location: The area of London in which the venue is located will influence the price. Central London venues, such as those in Mayfair or Covent Garden, often command higher prices compared to venues on the outskirts of the city.
- Facilities and Amenities: Venues with additional facilities and amenities, such as state-of-the-art AV equipment, catering services, or on-site event coordinators, may come with higher rental fees.
- Time of Year and Day of the Week: Seasonal demand and day of the week can also impact pricing. Peak seasons and weekends may have higher rates compared to weekdays and off-peak periods.
To give you a rough idea, here's a general range of what you might expect from different types of venues in London:
- Small to Mid-Size Conference/Meeting Rooms: £500 to £2,000 per day
- Banquet Halls and Ballrooms: £2,000 to £10,000+ per event
- Historic or Unique Venues: £3,000 to £20,000+ per event
- Large Event Spaces or Exhibition Halls: £5,000 to £30,000+ per event
Keep in mind that these are approximate figures, and prices can vary significantly based on the factors mentioned above. It's essential to contact venues directly to get accurate and up-to-date pricing for your specific event requirements. Additionally, negotiating with the venue or booking during off-peak times might help you secure a more favourable rate.
5) Top Tips for Hosting a Corporate Event in London
Now, you’ve heard all you need to know about the event spaces in London. So as a treat for reading all this way, here are some of our favourite top tips for taking your corporate event in London to the next level:
- Tips for making your event in London sustainable.
- The coolest karaoke bars in London.
- The top hairstylists in London for photoshoots.
- Our favourite immersive dining experiences in London for teams.
- Our favourite team-building activities in London.
And there you have it, friends, our guide to event venues in London. Now you’re ready to build the best event London has seen in a generation!
To help you on your way, ask an expert for any event-related assistance you might need. Let them off the leash and put them on the scent!
Looking for a venue with a dreamy setup for your next event? This dramatic venue located in London is a great choice for several events. This starlit venue with its sauve decor and atmospheric lighting transport you to the sophisticated glamour of a masked...
Seeking space with vintage vibes for your next encounter in London? This gorgeous venue located a few mins away from Russel Square subway station from the 18th century perfectly matches your requirement. The venue flaunts its appealing aesthetics with Roccoco...
Browsing for a premier space in London? This humongous venue located in the heart of North London which is a Grade II listed site is undoubtedly the one. This pillar-free space is adorned in Victorian elegance with a 25m high glass ceiling, and a large...
Are you in need of a classy yet traditional venue for your next encounter? In that case, check out this chic meeting space which definitely serves the purpose. Located in Central London, this venue offers exceptional views, thanks to its panoramic corner...
Book this luminous venue to impress your guests for your next event. Housed in a striking 20 storey tower, this space is located in one of London’s central business districts. Featuring sleek furnishings and floor-to-length windows, this venue diffuses a...
Host your next intimate event in this vibrant space full of life. Located in one of London’s most culturally rich neighbourhoods, this venue is sure to take you by surprise as the Baroque architecture meets contemporary maximalism. With a combination of...
Ask a London venue expert
Ask a London venue expertAsk expert
Looking for an out-of-the-ordinary venue for your forthcoming event? This historic chapel right in the heart of Central London is the right option. The venue initially modelled on the Baroque architecture has been redeveloped with a bold contemporary twist...
Seeking a scenic venue for your next special event? This picturesque rooftop located in the most historic areas of Central London is all you need. Nestled between the iconic landmarks of St Paul’s Cathedral, Tower Bridge and the Shard, this venue is one of...
Searching for a venue for your forthcoming event in a prime location in London? This impressive triple-height space situated in London’s central business district is sure to justify the purpose. Defined by clean architectural lines, glass panelling and modern...
Building in the heart of East London and one of the city's most vibrant areas. Once a civic building, it is now an arts space and a flagship venue for the community, as well as offering its spaces for event hire. With eight stunning and unique spaces to...
This former urban warehouse studio in Dalston consists of 7,200 sq ft split up into two open spaces, a make-up room and kitchen. Its wooden beams and calm, industrial atmosphere make this venue a charming and unique place to host your event. This unique venue...
Are you in need of a supreme space for your upcoming iconic event? This Victorian theatre with great historical value would be a perfect choice. This space is reopened to the public after over 80 years and still retains its original charm and character that's...
With its lavish colours, draped curtains and pre-Raphaelite paintings, this building brings the Victorian era to life in all its rubenesque glory. Whether you want to host a cocktail reception, private dining, product presentation or conference in London,...
Whether you're hosting a cocktail night or a striking private dinner, this is the place for you. Located in the heart of the city, this beautiful and striking space is the perfect backdrop for summer events, allowing you to impress your team or clients with...
Snuggled in the central London neighborhood of Holborn, this space offers a dazzling wonderland look, with décor handpicked from the very best British designers. What's more, its open-plan design can be tweaked and tuned to any kind of event, from informal...
This spacious meeting room with retro look in Holborn radiates a warm and cozy atmosphere which will make your guests feel at ease from the minute they enter. Its vintage interior takes you straight back to the past and offers you a unique surrounding for...
Enjoy a culinary evening in this quirky private dining venue with a fine Italian cuisine. Located close to King's Cross station, this restaurant has a great central location that is easily accessible by public transport. This venue consists of two levels and...
This bright and airy venue is without a doubt a great pick for both meetings and conferences. Its central location, just a stone's throw away from King's Cross and St Pancras station, is very convenient for all commuters that don't want to loose too much time...
Located only a few minutes away from St Pancras and King's Cross station, you'll discover this large boardroom with vintage elements. This spacious meeting room features a wood boardroom table, sideboard and green carpet flooring that give this space a retro...
Looking for an extraordinary venue for your next celebration? This incredible space set in a 19th-century sugar warehouse with Georgian architecture is the one for you! With Canary Wharf tube station just a short drive away, this beautiful venue is easily...
Find this spectacular conservatory for various events just a few miles away from London's hectic city centre. This conservatory overlooks an amazing Italian garden, adding a green touch to your event. The glass roof and walls boast loads of natural light...
Travel across the Thames River while enjoying the most beautiful views of London in this large rooftop on a boat. Located in the heart of London, this boat offers guests the chance to see London's panoramic skyline from a unique perspective. What's more,...
Looking for an intimate space with a relaxed setting? We have what you need. Set right in the heart of London, this private room offers an elegant and modern backdrop for small events. With exceptional service, this space boasts a luxury wine bar where you...
Whether you're hosting an exclusive cocktail party or a successful business meeting, this is your place to book. Located near the Holborn Viaduct in central London, this space is anything but ordinary. Inspired by fairy tales, the venue boasts a very original...
FAQ for Venues in London
What is included in the London Venue Hire?
The inclusions can vary based on the venue. Rental costs may cover the use of event space, basic AV equipment, tables, chairs, and basic event setup. Additional amenities like catering, audio-visual equipment, and event planning services may come at an extra cost.
Can I bring my own vendors or catering to spaces for business events in London?
Some venues allow you to bring your preferred vendors, while others may have a list of approved vendors you must choose from. Check with the venue management to understand their policies regarding external vendors and catering.
- Further Reading: Is dry hire in London the cheapest option?
Can the venue accommodate guests with disabilities at my corporate event in London?
London venues are required to provide accessibility for guests with disabilities. Inquire about ramps, elevators, accessible restrooms, and other facilities to ensure all attendees can participate comfortably.
Are there accommodations nearby for out-of-town guests?
Depending on the venue's location, there are likely to be hotels and accommodations nearby. Some venues may even have partnerships with local hotels for discounted rates.
- Discover our guide to the best business hotels in London.
What are the cancellation policies for popular event spaces in London?
Cancellation policies for event venues in London vary but typically involve requiring advance notice for cancellations, non-refundable deposits upon booking, potential cancellation fees based on timing, rescheduling options within a certain timeframe, force majeure clauses for unforeseeable events, and the possibility of event cancellation insurance. Clear communication with the venue is important, and negotiation may be possible for larger or special events.
Are there any additional fees I should be aware of when it comes to London venue hire?
Apart from the rental cost, inquire about any additional fees, such as service charges, cleaning fees, or corkage fees if you plan to bring your own beverages.
What is the best time of year to host an outdoor event in London?
The summer months (June to August) are generally considered the best time for outdoor events in London due to the warmer and more predictable weather. However, be prepared for occasional rain even during these months.
How do I promote my event to ensure a good turnout?
Utilise a mix of marketing strategies, including social media, email campaigns, event listing websites, and collaborations with local influencers or organisations. Engaging content, early-bird discounts, and clear event details can also help attract attendees.
What are some unique entertainment options for my event in London?
London has a vibrant arts and entertainment scene. Consider hiring local performers, musicians, or comedians to add a unique touch to your event. You could also explore guided tours, themed activities, or interactive workshops.
How far in advance should I start planning my business event in London?
The timeframe for event planning can vary depending on the size and complexity of your event. Generally, it's a good idea to start planning at least 6-12 months in advance to secure your preferred venue, vendors, and accommodations.
How do I handle ticketing and registration for my event space in London?
Various online platforms allow you to create and manage event registrations and ticketing. Choose a platform that suits your needs and budget, and make sure to provide clear instructions for attendees on how to register and purchase tickets.
Can I offer translation services for non-English-speaking attendees?
Yes, you can provide translation services to accommodate non-English-speaking attendees. Consider hiring professional interpreters or offering translation apps or devices to facilitate communication.
Have a question? Get in touch and our team will be happy to help