Event venues in Helsinki
Hi there, folks. Planning an event can be a stressful experience, and we want to help make it as seamless as possible for you. That’s why we’ve created this guide to event venues in Helsinki.In this guide, we’ll explore the different styles of venues in Helsinki, the types of events you can host, the general size and capacity of the event venues, the areas where you can find them, and much more.
A Guide to Event Venues in Helsinki
1. Explore the Styles of Popular Venues in Helsinki
Helsinki is a city that embraces diversity, and you’ll find that the venues here reflect that. Whatever the theme of your event, there’s a business event venue in Helsinki that will be perfect for it. Here are some of the styles of popular venues in Helsinki.
Sleek and Modern Event Venues: All you need to do is take a walk through the streets of Helsinki to understand that the city is a pioneer in cutting-edge architecture and design. It’s no surprise then that the venues for business events in Helsinki boast a contemporary flair. Whether they’re minimalist in style or maximalist in design, one thing’s for sure, these modern event venues are one-of-a-kind.
- N.B. Speaking of cool architecture, check out these unique event venues in Helsinki that have an edge to them.
Historic Venues: Now, just because the city has embraced modern design, it doesn’t mean it has forgotten its roots. There are plenty of spaces for business events in Helsinki housed in historic locations, offering a unique blend of old-world charm and modern amenities. In fact, you don’t need to be a history buff to know these historic spaces will make charming event venues.
Outdoor Venues: Helsinki lies in the lap of some stunning natural landscapes and picturesque waterfronts, so it’s only natural that the corporate event venues in Helsinki embrace its natural beauty. You’ll find plenty of outdoor venues in Helsinki that can bring the beauty of nature right into your event.
Waterfront Venues: But we’re not quite done with nature just yet. When talking about popular event spaces in Helsinki, the waterfront spaces need a section of their own. The city has a coastal location, so it’s no surprise that it has some spectacular venues that will give your event attendees breathtaking views of the Baltic Sea or the city’s iconic harbour.
Cultural Venues: While certain parts of Helsinki are modern, the city also takes pride in its rich cultural heritage. There are plenty of event venues with an artistic spirit here that are proof of that! So, if you’re looking for a venue for a corporate event in Helsinki that’s a perfect blend of creativity and history, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
2. The Types of Popular Event Spaces in Helsinki
Next, let’s take a minute to understand the types of events you can hold in these venues in Helsinki.
- Meetings: This is a popular choice for events in Helsinki. From board meetings to creative meetings, kick-off meetings, sales meetings, client meetings, and even all-hands meetings, trust us when we say, Helsinki has seen all of it!
- Conferences: Helsinki is known for its innovation and is a great place to host trade shows, summits, panel discussions, and more.
- Workshops: If you prefer smaller workshops to conferences then Helsinki is the place for hackathons, coaching sessions, seminars, and training sessions.
Bonus Reading: Make your workshop really stand out with these unique workshop spaces in Helsinki.
- Brainstorming: Whether you’re looking for an event space in Helsinki for creative group discussions, fishbowl sessions, group thinking sessions, or any other brainstorming session, one thing’s for sure the art, culture, and innovation in the city will serve as inspiration for your event attendees.
- Photoshoots: Speaking of creativity, the city also has some of the coolest event venues for product shoots, brand launches, commercials, fashion shoots, and promotional photography.
- Film Shoots: What’s a photo shoot without a film shoot to match? Lucky for us, Helsinki has plenty of venues for that too!
Pro-tip: Hire one of these top event videographers in Helsinki to make your film shoot epic.
- After-work: A team that works hard should also party hard. There are several event venues in Helsinki to host cocktail parties, happy hours, receptions, celebrations, and networking events.
- Private Dining: The event venues for business lunches, banquets, galas, pop-up experiences, and group dining events in Helsinki are as good as the food here.
- Outdoor: The city gets significant rainfall, but that doesn’t stop it from having some of the best terraces, rooftops, and garden party venues you’ll find.
The Size and Capacity of Business Event Venues in Helsinki
The capacity for venues for business events in Helsinki varies based on the size of the event venue, but here’s a broad breakdown of what you can expect.
- Meeting Rooms: Approximately 10-60 pax
- Conference Halls: Approximately 60 to 900 attendees
- Workshop Rooms: Approximately 10 to 900 pax
- Brainstorming Rooms: Approximately 10 to 60 people
- Outdoor Venues: Approximately 15 to 900 guests
- Private Dining Venues: Approximately 35 to 400 pax
- After-Work Venues: Approximately 45 to 900 guests
This is just a broad look at the capacity of corporate event venues in Helsinki. Get in touch with our local experts to discuss your requirements, and they’ll guide you to the best venues that will suit your needs.
3. The Cost of Spaces for Business Events in Helsinki
Yes, hosting a corporate event in Helsinki will cost you money but this budget can vary based on several factors. The size of the venue, its location, the kind of amenities it provides, the event duration, and even the time of the year that you’re hosting the event all play a part in how much your event will set you back.
However, here’s a general estimate to help you plan your budget.
- Small and Cosy Event Venues: Approximately €500 to €2,000 per day or even less for shorter timeframes.
- Mid-Sized Conference Rooms: Approximately €1,000 to €5,000 per day.
- Large Conference Centres: Approximately €5,000 to €10,000 per day
- Unique and Upscale Venues: Approximately €3,000 to €7,000 per day
- Boardrooms for Executive Meetings: Approximately €500 to €3,000 per day
N.B. Our venues are usually hired per hour and are a lot cheaper if you’re not taking them on for a whole day(s).
Bonus Reading to Elevate Your Event in Helsinki
Take your corporate event in Helsinki to the next level with these handy tips:
- Stay one step ahead of your planning with our ultimate guide to event branding in Helsinki.
- Make your event slightly more eco-friendly with these cool sustainable event initiatives in Helsinki
- Event decor can go a long way in setting the tone for your event, book one of these top florists in Helsinki to help with your decor
And that’s a wrap for this guide to popular event spaces in Helsinki. We hope you have everything you need to get this show on the road.
Now, let’s get to the next step by making your bookings for your corporate event in Helsinki. You can do this on your own by choosing a venue on our site and making your booking.
But, if you want to make things easier, you can get in touch with one of the local experts who can help you piece together your entire event.
This event space is located in Sörnäinen, Helsinki. From the top floor of the building, the terrace of the space offers a stunning view of Suvilahti.The venue was inaugurated in May 2005. The opening was preceded by a complete renovation and the design of the...
Located in the heart of the Kaartinkaupunki neighbourhood, this elegant restaurant is a perfect spot for all your special intimate gatherings. Housed in a historic property, this stylish space radiates a convivial atmosphere to your event with its classic...
Searching for a space for your next offsite gathering? This sea blue room situated in a 200-year-old hospital in Helsinki with a pretty ambience perfectly fits your requirement. The blue-hued walls, trendy furniture, and green plants combined with plenty of...
Looking for a unique space for your next gathering? Check out this bright corridor situated in a 200-year-old hospital in Helsinki that might be perfect for you. The corridor and lounge area are well illuminated by natural daylight, thanks to its large French...
Hire this brilliant auditorium close to the city center with excellent public transport access for your next formal encounter. This former horse stable is now renovated with large windows through which the sunlight floods the entire space. With comfy...
Are you in need of an outdoor venue for your next event? Look no further! This welcoming space situated behind the 200-year-old hospital in Helsinki is the one for you. Surrounded by lush greenery, this venue radiates a fresh and serene environment to your...
Ask a Helsinki venue expert
Ask a Helsinki venue expertAsk expert
Hunting for a colourful lively space for your upcoming event? This high-spirited venue right in the heart of Helsinki is all that you need. Located in the immediate vicinity of the Kiasma Museum, this space is beautifully decorated with green plants, fancy...
Do you have an official meeting coming up soon? If so, take a look at this white space housed inside a 200-year-old hospital in Helsinki that works well for you. Drenching in a full white look from top to toe, this venue boasts a minimalistic approach with...
Book this modish space situated in a 200-year-old hospital in Helsinki for your next event. Boating a sleek look through its minimal interiors which include beautiful photo frames, sober walls, and a few green plants, this elegant space radiate a pleasant...
With a modern and contemporary interior, this room is perfect to accommodate your team. Located in the center of Helsinki, this space boasts plenty of natural light with a boardroom table setting. This room can host up to 10 guests. It´s suitable for...
Discover this luxurious event space located just a short walk away from the Design Museum in the waterfront neighbourhood of Kaartinkaupunki. This lavish venue flaunts vintage elements like period wallpapers, parquet wooden flooring, patterned ceilings, chic...
Take a look at this bright venue located centrally on Helsinki's shopping and cultural exchange street. This venue has interior lighting and wooden furniture giving it a convenient atmosphere for any season of the year.The capacity of this room is suitable...
This radiant meeting room in the middle of Helsinki city is convenient for work occasions. Its tall windows at the rear of the room allow for natural light to flow through this space. Accompanied by plants and colorful elements to make it a more pleasant...
Looking for a snug venue in Helsinki for your next gathering? Check out this retro event space located within walking distance of the Kauppatori Ferry Terminal in Kaartinkaupunki. Characterised by massive windows, wooden ceilings, uncluttered walls, polished...
Located only 5 minutes from the central station in Helsinki. This space is accessible for guests using public transport. This vintage space has a warm interior with comfortable chairs and windows allowing a lot of natural light to come in. This space has...
Searching for an ideal space for your upcoming intimate gathering? Invite your guests to this sumptuous venue located just minutes away from Hotel Indigo Helsinki-Boulevard. This homey venue is characterised by features like retro wallpapers, wooden parquet...
Take a look at this urban meeting room located just a short walk away from the Indigo Helsinki – Boulevard. This modern venue features dusky interiors that include elements like industrial lights, wooden flooring, an incredible gaming room, and elegant...
Want to travel back in time during your next event? Bring along your guests to this majestic venue located just around the corner from the elegant Klaus K Hotel in the Kaartinkaupunki neighbourhood. Boasting a grand fireplace, patterned ceilings, snug...
Add a touch of elegance to your next meeting in this unique room in the heart of Helsinki. The space features classical windows, colonial furniture, and an authentic and memorable piano in its interior giving it a special atmosphere. This location boasts an...
Located in the heart of Helsinki, this space boasts a comfortable atmosphere that fits any sort of special meeting. With a large boardroom table, ergonomic chairs, and a wooden finish. It is an interior that gives the perfect look for a successful...
Set right in theheart of Helsinki, one of the mostcentralbuildings in thecity with elegant interiors and a special atmosphere, thisvenuewillimpress every one of your attendees.This venue is able to host250people. With an interior of high walls, roman windows,...
Bring along your guests to this lavish restaurant located just a short drive away from the Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma. With colourful interiors, exposed ceilings, wooden parquet flooring, metal pillars and stylish furniture, this stylish venue offers...
Want to give a memorable experience to your guests? Invite them to this enchanting venue located just a short drive away from the Holiday Inn in Pasila. Flaunting features like landscaped flooring, high ceilings, cosy furniture, palm trees and huge pillars,...
Searching for a splendid venue for your upcoming corporate event? Take a look at this urban meeting room located just a short walk away from the Indigo Helsinki - Boulevard, an IHG Hotel. This modern venue features dusky interiors that include elements like...
FAQ for Venues in Helsinki
What can I do with my team after our corporate event in Helsinki is over?
There’s plenty to do both by yourself and with your team after your event in Helsinki. You can check out the city’s many museums and cultural sights, grab a bite to eat, or enjoy some cocktails at a rooftop bar. If you’d like to take your team bonding a step further, we recommend checking out these cool team-building activities in Helsinki.
What kind of license do I need if I want to rent a car to drive in Helsinki?
You will need a valid driver’s license from your home country and an international driver’s permit (IDP) to rent a car and drive in Helsinki. Please take note that the minimum age to rent a car in Helsinki is 18 although drivers below 25 years of age may incur additional fees or have certain restrictions.
Do I need a permit to serve alcohol at my Helsinki Venue Hire?
Yes, you do. There are different types of alcohol permits in Finland and the Government is very strict regulations for selling and serving alcohol. The three most common alcohol permits for event planners are:
- Alcohol Serving License (Anniskelulupa): This license is required if you plan to sell or serve alcoholic beverages in a public place, such as a restaurant, bar, or event venue. It is necessary for both temporary and permanent alcohol sales.
- Temporary Alcohol License (Tillfälligt Anniskelulupa): If you are hosting a one-time or occasional event, such as a private party or a special occasion, you may need to apply for a temporary alcohol license.
- Special License (Erityisluvat): For certain types of events or activities, such as festivals or outdoor events, you may need a special license to serve alcohol in designated areas.
What is the best way to commute to my event space in Helsinki?
The public transport system in Helsinki is convenient and varied. You can commute using trams, buses, and the metro. Walking and cycling are great options, especially in the city centre, which is pedestrian and bike-friendly. Taxis and ride-hailing services are readily available for point-to-point transportation. If you prefer flexibility, car rentals are an option, but parking in the city centre can be challenging. Ferries operate to nearby islands, while electric scooters are fun for short distances.
What is the best way to navigate the public transportation system in Helsinki?
This one is easy! Simply download the HSL Journey Planner app. This is an online service provided by Helsinki Region Transport (HSL), the public transportation authority in the Helsinki metropolitan area. It is a user-friendly tool designed to help commuters and visitors plan their journeys using public transportation within Helsinki and the surrounding regions.
What is the weather like in Helsinki?
There is no general rule when it comes to cancellations for venues in Helsinki. However, the general rule of thumb is that bookings less than 48hrs before are non-refundable.
Is it mandatory to speak Finnish when negotiating popular event spaces in Helsinki?
No, it is not mandatory to speak Finnish when negotiating popular event spaces in Helsinki. English is widely spoken and understood in Finland, including in Helsinki, especially in the business and tourism sectors. Helsinki is an international city that welcomes visitors from all over the world, and many locals are proficient in English.
What is the preferred mode of payment in Helsinki?
The preferred mode of payment is typically electronic payment methods, such as credit/debit cards and mobile payments. Finland, and Helsinki in particular, is known for its advanced digital infrastructure and widespread adoption of cashless transactions.
What are the cancellation policies for event venues in Helsinki?
This really varies from venue to venue, but as a general rule of thumb, almost no event venue in Helsinki will offer you a refund if you cancel within 48 hours of your event date. It’s always best to check with your event venue what their cancellation and refund policies are before you make your booking.
Have a question? Get in touch and our team will be happy to help