Outdoor Venues in Berlin
Hello, all you event planners! And welcome to our amazing guide to hosting an outdoor event in Berlin. If you’re planning an epic music festival, a charming garden party, or even an outdoor product launch, our guide has been covered with all the resources necessary to turn your vision into reality.
Discover the ins and outs of venue selection, logistics, catering, and entertainment ideas that will make your outdoor event in Berlin an event to remember. But, if you happen to stumble upon something that’s got you worried, just check in with one of our local experts.
A Guide to Hosting an Outdoor Event in Berlin
Ask a Berlin venue expert
Ask a Berlin venue expertAsk expert
FAQ about Berlin venues and events
Take your outdoor event to the next level with these unique entertainment ideas:
- A Food Truck Rally: Berlin has a thriving food truck culture. So, how about organising a food truck rally that will excite your guests with a variety of international cuisines and flavours?
- Open-Air Cinema: Take your event guest back in time by setting up a large outdoor screen and hosting an open-air cinema night. You can screen documentaries, international movies, or even classic Berlin films as part of your event’s cultural integration.
- Silent Disco: Another fun concept to incorporate at your outdoor event in Berlin is organising a silent disco. Your guests and attendees can dance to the rhythm of their favourite tracks while listening to them on headphones.
- Fire Performers: Mesmerise your guests with a little fire performance. Invite fire dancers or jugglers to create a fiery spectacle.
Berlin has earned its reputation as a secure city, boasting low crime rates and effective public area surveillance. However, it's wise to embrace standard security protocols for your outdoor event, ensure sufficient lighting, and remain ready to address potential weather challenges.
Even though German is the primary language spoken in Berlin, try incorporating Dutch and French into outdoor events to add a unique multicultural touch. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Cultural Elements: Incorporate cultural elements like cuisine, music, or decoration to create an authentic atmosphere.
- Communication: Make sure to inform your event guests and attendees in advance about your event’s language preferences and other multilingual services you plan to offer.
- Bilingual Signage: You can opt for bilingual signage and offer bilingual event materials in German and other languages to assist those who are not fluent in German.
- Multilingual Staff: As much as possible, try hiring multilingual staff or interpreters to assist your event attendees and guests just in case your event involves presentations or guided tours.
- Public Transport: Berlin boasts a comprehensive public transportation network comprising buses, trams, S-Bahn (suburban trains), and U-Bahn (subway). A daily ticket for unrestricted travel typically costs between €7 and €8 per individual.
- Car Rental: If you opt for car rentals, daily rates typically fall in the €30 to €50 range, exclusive of parking and fuel expenses.
- Ride-sharing apps: Popular ride-sharing apps such as Uber, FREE NOW (formerly MyTaxi), or Bolt have gained recognition in Berlin. You might want to recommend this to your guests as a versatile travel alternative.
These transportation choices provide your outdoor event’s guests or attendees with the freedom to come and go as they wish in Berlin.
Absolutely! Seasonality has a significant influence on your outdoor event in Berlin.
- Spring and Summer: Spring and Summer are the most favourable times for hosting outdoor events. The climate is just right and it compliments scenic locations including Canalside venues and parks.
- Autumn: Hosting an outdoor event in Berlin during this time is great too. The rustic foliage and milder temperatures and simply perfect for larger outdoor gatherings.
- Winter: The winter months can be a bit of a challenge due to the cold weather. But with the right setup including roofs, outdoor heaters, and expansive windows, your event will be protected from the weather and at the same time your guests can enjoy the city’s panoramic views.
Whether you prefer a cost-effective approach or a more lavish one, here are some approximate costings to give you a general idea of what you should be including in your budget:
- Venue Rental: €50 to €2,000 per hour
- Catering: €20 to €50 per person
- Event Services: €2,000 to €4,000
- Permits and Licensing: €50 to €1000
- Decor and Setup: €500 to €5,000
- Weather Contingency: €100 to €5,000
- Entertainment and Activities: Varies
- Transportation and Logistics: Varies
- Insurance: Varies
Have a question? Get in touch and our team will be happy to help