Outdoor Venues in Bogotá
Hello, hello to our favourite event planners! We hear you’re ready to soak up the sunshine with a thrilling outdoor event in Bogotá, and we’re here to make it easier.
Welcome to our guide to hosting an outdoor event in Bogotá. In this handy little guide, you’ll find everything you need to know to make your event a smashing success. From the types of outdoor rooms you’ll find in Bogotá to ideas to make your event more fun, and even suggestions on event caterers you can hire, we’ve got you covered with information.
So, put on your sunnies and join us for a little trek through the outdoor rooms in Bogotá.
A Guide to Hosting an Outdoor Event in Bogotá
Ask a Bogotá venue expert
Ask a Bogotá venue expertAsk expert
FAQ about Bogotá venues and events
It’s hard to go wrong with an outdoor event in Bogotá. The city’s picturesque landscapes, flora, and fauna do more than half the work of creating a magical setting for your event. But, there are still quite a few ideas you can incorporate to really take your event to the next level.
And, of course, we’re going to share them with you!
Live Colombian Music and Dance: Music is always great at any event but it’s a sure-shot way to get the party started at an outdoor event. Embrace the vibrant culture of Colombia by incorporating live music and dance performances into your event. Hire traditional Colombian musicians to play lively tunes like salsa, cumbia, and vallenato, and invite professional dancers to get everyone moving to the infectious rhythms.
Cater For Your Event with Gourmet Food Trucks: Treat your guests to a fun food experience by hiring a food truck for your event catering. The city has several food trucks that offer a diverse range of cuisines, from Colombian delicacies to international flavours. You can check out the top food trucks in Bogotá for an idea of what you can expect.
Set a Theme: Unleash the creativity of your guests by throwing a themed costume party. Whether it's a carnival-inspired fiesta, a retro 80s bash, or a mystical masquerade, encourage everyone to dress up and embrace the theme. This will add an element of fun and playfulness to your outdoor event.
Host a Sustainable Eco-Friendly Event: There’s no better time than when you’re in the lap of nature to showcase your commitment to sustainability by organising an eco-friendly event. Use biodegradable or reusable materials, offer vegetarian or locally sourced food options, and incorporate eco-conscious practices throughout the event. Not only will you inspire your guests to be more environmentally aware, but you'll also leave a positive impact on the community and the environment.
- Pro tip: Here are some sustainable event ideas in Bogotá.
Sky Lantern Release: End your event on a mesmerising note by organising a sky lantern release. As the sun sets over Bogotá, guests can write their wishes or messages on lanterns and release them into the sky, creating a magical and uplifting moment. Trust us when we say, this is a memory your event attendees will cherish for a long, long time.
Getting your attendees to your outdoor venue in Bogotá can be a smooth process with various transport options available:
- Public transportation: Bogotá has an extensive public transportation system, including buses and the TransMilenio, a rapid transit bus system. Encourage attendees to use public transport, as it's a cost-effective and environmentally friendly option. Make sure to provide information on the nearest bus stops or TransMilenio stations to your event venue in Bogotá.
- Taxis: Taxis are readily available in Bogotá. Attendees can easily hail a cab or use ride-sharing apps like Uber or Cabify to reach the event location conveniently. Ensure you have clear directions to the venue in both English and Spanish to show the taxi driver.
- Private shuttle services: If your event has a large number of attendees or if it's in a remote location, consider arranging private shuttle services. These can pick up attendees from designated points in the city and drop them off at the venue, ensuring a hassle-free commute.
- Car-pooling: Encourage attendees to carpool to reduce traffic and environmental impact. You can facilitate carpooling by setting up a carpool coordination system, where attendees can connect with others who are driving to the event and share rides.
- Biking: For eco-conscious and health-conscious attendees, promoting biking to the event is a great option. Bogotá has a growing network of bike lanes, and some venues offer bike racks for parking. Provide information on bike routes and nearby bike-sharing stations.
- Walking: If your event is in a central location, walking might be the easiest and most enjoyable way for attendees to get there. Provide walking directions and maps for those who prefer this option.
- Ride-sharing apps: Encourage attendees to use ride-sharing apps like Uber or Cabify, which are popular in Bogotá. These apps provide a convenient and often more comfortable alternative to traditional taxis.
Bogotá is actually one of South America’s safest urban areas and it’s quite safe to travel here. Simply take the same precautions as you would in any major city by avoiding walking alone at night and taking cabs whenever possible after-hours.
Yes! Seasonality is an important factor to consider when looking at outdoor venues in Bogotá. The city boasts a cool and overcast climate, with temperatures typically ranging from 44°F/7°C to 66°F/19°C. Rarely does it dip below 37°F/3°C or rise above 66°F/21°C.
For those seeking warmer weather, the prime time to visit is from late May to late September and from early December to late February.
Check out the weather section of this guide for more in-depth information on the different seasons in Bogotá.
You can get along with English in hotels and other tourist areas but it helps to take note that English is not as widely accepted in Bogotá as it is in other tourist destinations. It’s definitely helpful to know some basic Spanish but if you don’t speak Spanish, don’t worry. There are several translation services you can hire in Bogotá.
The budget for hosting an outdoor event in Bogotá can vary widely depending on various factors, including the size and scale of your event, the location, the number of attendees, and the specific services and amenities you require.
However, here's a rough breakdown of some common expenses to help you create a budget:
- Venue rental: This can be a significant cost, and it varies based on the location, size, and popularity of the venue. Prices can range from a few hundred euros to several thousand euros or more.
- Catering: Food and beverage costs depend on the type of menu, the number of guests, and your preferences. Budget around €15 to €50 or more per person for catering.
- Decor and setup: This includes decorations, furniture rentals, and any setup costs. Budget €500 to €2,000 or more, depending on your event's scale and theme.
- Weather contingency: If you need tents, heaters, or rain covers, budget an additional €200 to €1,000 or more, depending on the equipment's size and quantity.
- Entertainment: Costs for DJs, live bands, or other entertainment options vary widely. Budget €500 to €3,000 or more, depending on your choice.
- Transportation: Expenses for transportation, parking, and logistics can vary. Budget €500 to €2,000 or more, depending on your event's needs.
- Permits and licensing: Fees for permits and licences can range from €300 to €2,000 or more, depending on the type of event and location.
- Insurance: Event insurance can cost between €200 and €1,000 or more, depending on coverage and event size.
- Marketing and promotions: Costs for marketing materials, advertising, and promotion should also be considered.
Don’t forget to budget for unforeseen expenses and contingencies, typically around 10-20% of your total budget.
Have a question? Get in touch and our team will be happy to help